On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 5:51 AM, martin rudalics wrote: > > ‘frame-x-dot-y’ should be the Emacs frame under the mouse which is not > necessarily the selected frame. Why do you want it to be the selected > ​​ > frame? Don't you want to drop your object on the frame under the mouse? ​​ ​I see your point and agree. ​​ ​But this is not what mouse-position and ​pixel-position return by default (when mouse-position-function is nil) on MacOS. They always return the last registered frame which is the frame that was last clicked upon twice (as you have noted, a single click does not register with Emacs but only selects the frame). This seemed to be the case under Windows 7 for me as well, using Emacs -q under Emacs 25.3 and Emacs 26. Since I always reference the mouse position after a click or drag and can make the new frame be selected after a drag, I wrote the function this way to give me the most recently selected frame. There needs to be a fix in the core of Emacs so these functions can return the frame under the mouse regardless of how the window manager handles selecting frames, I think. Bob