On Monday, November 26, 2012, Sebastian Sturm wrote: > Dear all, > > sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find any related > postings or bug reports so far. Trying out 24.2.90 pretest, I noticed that > my modeline doesn't cover the full window width anymore. Also, the font > antialiasing has changed noticeably; text that was once well readable now > looks thin and spindly, especially on dark backgrounds, as shown in this > screenshot: > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27469243/emacs-screenshot.png > The left window belongs to emacs 24.2 (stable), the right one to 24.2.90 > pretest. In case the new font rendering reflects an aesthetic choice made > by the developers, is there any easy way to revert to the old rendering > behavior? > best regards, > Sebastian >