From: "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com>
To: "'Karl Fogel'" <kfogel@red-bean.com>
Cc: 'Karl Fogel' <karl.fogel@canonical.com>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: RE: http access to source code
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:59:22 -0700	[thread overview]

> >> Can you give some more details?  Like, what exact command
> >> you tried, what the output was, etc?
> >
> >Just try to go to
> >http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/emacs/trunk/files/head%3A/lisp/ in a
> >Web browser.
> >
> >You get this message:
> >
> > Please try again
> > Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the Launchpad server.
> > Try reloading this page in a minute or two. If the problem
> > persists, let us know in the #launchpad IRC channel on Freenode.
> > Thanks for your patience.
>
> ?  Works for me.  Screenshot at:
>   http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel/lp-browsing-emacs.png

Works for me sometimes too. But not most of the time.

It works for me just now. So maybe we're lucky now.
Or maybe I was unlucky earlier (and often).

> Sure, I just downloaded 'files.el' on the first try.

Yes, it's working right now. It wasn't working well earlier, when I posted (or I
wouldn't have bothered to).

Most (or at least much) of the time, I see that error message and just have to
keep trying. My guess is that the server is overloaded much of the time.

> Well, if you have time to go into that IRC channel and report the
> problems, it might help them a lot, because you have an ability to
> reproduce this that I (at least) don't.

I don't use IRC. If my report here helps, great. If you feel it works all the
time and I'm the only one that finds it unresponsive (you cannot reproduce it,
as you say), then I guess you can ignore this feedback. HTH.