Hai Strokkenes, Thanks for providing the information. With this I can able to view the file but I can not edit. I require editing of these files. When I tried to edit, the following error has come "Symbol's function definition is void: utf-16-be-pre-write-conversion". Can you please help me how to overcome this. Thanks and Regards, Ganesh -----Original Message----- From: Gaute Strokkenes [mailto:gs234@srcf.ucam.org]On Behalf Of Gaute B Strokkenes Sent: Sunday, 25 January 2004 2:22 AM To: Ganesh Babu N. Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org; ganeshbabu.nallamothu@integra-india.com Subject: Re: utf-16-be editing On 24 jan 2004, ganesh_babu_n@hotmail.com wrote: > Hai All, > > I am having an xml file in utf-16-be format. I want to parse the > file in emacs. I am familar in using emacs. But I am not familiar > in configurations. I will use Xerces parser to do this job. > > But I can not edit the file in the emacs editor. Can anybody help me > in configuring the emacs to edit utf-16-be format files. > > I am using emacs 21.3 for windows 2000. C-x RET c utf-16be C-x C-f filename -- Gaute Strokkenes http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/ The SAME WAVE keeps coming in and COLLAPSING like a rayon MUU-MUU..