2011/5/3 Ted Zlatanov : > The else block above should log things at level 1, I think, since it's a > rare event and important to know: > > CHECK_STRING (Qgnutls_dll); > GNUTLS_LOG2 (1, max_log_level, "loading the GnuTLS DLL: ", SSDATA (Qgnutls_dll)); Qgnutls_dll is not really the file name, but just the symbol `gnutls'. The file name is not known outside of w32_delayed_load, so it can't really be used in the message. I thought of adding GNUTLS_LOG (1, max_log_level, "..."), but isn't GnuTLS required to be able to compute max_log_level? If so, it can only be used to log a successful load, and then its place is really in Fgnutls_boot, not Fgnutls_available_p. Attached is the new patch, which is like the previous one, with the changes requested by Eli and a clarification in nt/INSTALL. I think it is ready to install once we settle on the issue of GNUTLS_LOG.     Juanma