From: Tom Lynch <dimitrisdad@gmail.com>
To: Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: interjecting a custom epa passphrase prompt
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 19:07:45 -0400	[thread overview]

On the repository search site  "gpg1" shows up with nothing.  On a
google search 'gpg1' shows a build log as having failed for 11.3, and
nothing listed for 11.4:

Drive_go openSUSE_11.3
Repository has been published i586 failed
Repository has been published x86_64 failed
Drive_go openSUSE_Factory
Repository has been published i586 failed
Repository has been published x86_64 ailed

I went to the site http://www.gnupg.org/download/index.en.html  and
downloaded the sources for GnuPG 1.4.11   and GPGME
gpgme-1.3.0.tar.bz2, installed them in the /usr/local tree and then
linked my program against them.   I was surprised when it compiled
without errors as I had to change the syntax to compile against gpg2
-- has the syntax been changed for updates of gpg1 also?  When I run
my program, it still does not do the call back to get the passphrase.

Note,

> /usr/local/bin/gpgme-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -lgpgme -lassuan -lgpg-error -lgpg-error

That is the right tree /usr/local/lib -- but where does gpme pick up
gpg?  It it actually calling the binary as one would from the counsel
rather than calling a library routine?  How do I tell gpgme to use
gpg1?

FYI when I ask my program to check the gpgme version it comes back
saying it was the 1.3, the version I just built from sources in the
local tree.

compounding this problem is that the debian installer for Suse crashes
with an error on the 11.4 install, so yet another option has been cut
off ..