Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Arthur Miller >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 13:54:49 +0200 >> >> > Btw, in my testing, with ls-lisp-dirs-first bound non-nil, the >> > directories are shown in their correct alphabetically sorted order. >> > So I'm unsure what problems you saw and in which scenario. Can you >> > tell more about this issue? When I was testing, if ls-lisp-dirs-first is nil, and --group-directories-first is specified, dirs come out in reverse order in new buffer. Just reverting the buffer didn't show this. I don't know why it is so. I just tested with emacs built last night from the master (though only on Arch Linux). Either kill the dired buffer and open again, or just navigate to another dir. >> Ok, I'll test more. > > Thanks. I remember now what was going on: when --group-directories-first is specified, the -U option does not have effect according to gnu ls manual. Anyway, since we let-bind the ls-lisp-dirs-first, I can just set that one to 't and get same effect. >> Have you seen the other patch, where flags are sanitized, that would >> make ls-lisp accept all the flags as gnu ls, but ignore those it does >> not undrstand. > > Yes, it looks OK to me. If you are OK with the patch2, then here is one without -U on top of that one.