Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Arthur Miller >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 21:02:56 +0200 >> >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> >> >> From: Arthur Miller >> >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> >> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 16:58:08 +0200 >> >> >> >> >> > Btw, in my testing, with ls-lisp-dirs-first bound non-nil, the >> >> >> > directories are shown in their correct alphabetically sorted order. >> >> >> > So I'm unsure what problems you saw and in which scenario. Can you >> >> >> > tell more about this issue? >> >> >> >> When I was testing, if ls-lisp-dirs-first is nil, and >> >> --group-directories-first is specified, dirs come out in reverse order >> >> in new buffer. Just reverting the buffer didn't show this. I don't know >> >> why it is so. >> > >> > Because --group-directories-first includes 'r'? >> No, it is removed from switches before sorting happends, in this patch. >> >> >> If you are OK with the patch2, then here is one without -U on top of >> >> that one. >> > >> > I take it that the problem with the reverse order doesn't exist? Or >> > does it still exist and needs to be debugged? >> >> No longer, the last patch fixes it by setting let-bound value of >> ls-lisp-dirs-first to 't. I hope somebody else test it too, >> beside me. > > Thanks, I installed it, with some minimal changes. Cool. Thanks! > Btw, I don't see a copyright assignment for your contributions on > file. Would you like to start the legal paperwork rolling, so we > could accept further contributions from you in the future? I have already signed it. No idea why you can't see it. I already helped with patch to dired.c with lots of help from Michael A, if you remember directory-empty-p, you suggested to add count to return to cut off unnecessary iteration and with wdired not re-reading entire buffer when switching from dired wich proffeseur SM made into a working patch.