I don't understand why people are so passionately wasting time on arguing about shortcuts. As I understand Emacs it is supposed to be molded after each ones preference. Personally to me I rebind almost anything to my liking and what makes sense to me. So go ahead please, do any change you wish to C-o or whatever other shortcut, including C-z, M-x or C-x if you would like 🙂. ________________________________ Från: Emacs-devel för Gregory Heytings Skickat: den 21 mars 2021 11:48 Till: Lars Ingebrigtsen Kopia: emacs-devel@gnu.org Ämne: Re: Suggested experimental test >> May I suggest the attached, slightly more controversial, experimental >> test? > > Removing `C-o' has already been suggested, and there's already been a > lot of negative feedback on that, if I remember correctly. So I don't > think there's much point in doing this experiment. > Well... the suggested experiment does not remove C-o, it changes C-o in a way that is, I believe, painless. We cannot know whether it is indeed painless without experimenting at a larger scale. The few who objected against changing C-o may well find out, after trying it out, that this small change is not as bad as they thought. As far as I remember, there has not been a lot of negative feedback on changing C-o, the negative feedback was (to my surprise) mostly about the possibility of changing the behavior of C-z.