Previously today I have sent in a proposal and a patch to make help- and Info-mode "remotely" operable (from other buffers). Unfortunately, I have discovered som copy-pasta errors, and as well some unnecessary byte-compiler errors, due to where I placed certain function; I guess I hade those definitions already in my sessions while I tested. Here is the same patch, but I have furnitured around some code, fixed copy-pasta in the docs and as well replaced acronym names I have used for local variables for more self-documenting names. Sorry for not seeing it in the original patch.