On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote: > Shenli Zhu writes: > > > Is there any help function to display form, etc? > > Yes. Type "help user" to gdb for an annotated list. If you don't > understand how to use them from that list, or need help interpreting > results, please ask specifically. > > > And is there any instruction files on hacking C files? > > For advice on writing code, as far as I know there is a little bit in > the Emacs Lisp Reference, and for the general structure of C support > for Lisp, online there's > > http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/internals.html > > Warning: Emacs and XEmacs redisplays are completely different, as are > text properties and extents. The Lisp language implementation is > pretty similar, as are the buffer and string structures. (You need to > be a little careful with text as XEmacs still uses Mule code > internally, but it has the same formal properties, eg, finding > character boundaries in O(1), etc, and many of the same higher-level > APIs for actually handling encoding as used in Emacs.) > > For the style you should use in writing code, there is the GNU coding > standard, which I believe is distributed somewhere with Emacs. If > not, you can install XEmacs and throw away everything except the > "standards.info" file. :-) (Sorry, we don't provide an online > version. Probably somewhere on the GNU site?) > Hi Stephen, it's what I need, thank you.