On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Uday S Reddy wrote: > Jan Djärv writes: > >> Exactly how do you show the buffer name within Emacs? > > You mean how do we show it in the frame title?  We don't do anything > special.  Emacs seems to put the buffer name in the frame title > automatically. > > If you do > >  (generate-new-buffer "שולח דואר אלקטרוני") > > and switch to that buffer inside Emacs, you will probably find that > the buffer name shows correctly in the mode line, but it doesn't show > correctly in the fram etitle. > >>  Does the buffername have any coding that isn't UTF-8? > > I don't know what that means!  There is no coding now.  The buffer > name is just an Emacs multibyte string. > > Cheers, > Uday > I am attaching a snapshot of the emacs frame. once I do vm-discard-message-cache as uday suggested, the frame title is fine now. (Uday, it seems that when I then exit vm and start it again, the problem returns). E