* Cocoa Emacs
@ 2008-08-21  7:38 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2008-08-21  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've configured with "configure --with-ns" and Emacs expects to find the DOC
file somewhere _like_ ~/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.App/resources/Content/etc but
every time I do make it's put in ~/emacs/etc and I have to move it manually.

Do I need to do something else?

* Cocoa Emacs
@ 2008-07-29  8:53 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2008-07-29  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm not very familiar with Mac OS X but I have just started using a Mac at
work.  This is what I have found (using configure --with-ns):

1) The file emacs/etc/images/gud/go.xpm appears red but should be green.  This
   may be because the file uses two bytes per colour (#000080800000) while
   some icons only one, e.g., stop.xpm (#cc0033) but it gets rendered correctly
   on the Mac with other applications, e.g., NeoOffice.

2) I have a mighty mouse(?) and Cocoa Emacs doesn't seem to register a click
   from the mouse-2 (the scroll ball) although it does scroll if I roll the
   ball.

3) Using M-x gdb with gdb-many-values set to t, the associated buffers, e.g.,
   stack locals etc. have an extra ^M at the end of each line.  What change
   should I make to gdb-ui.el to get rid of this?

* Cocoa Emacs
@ 2008-07-18  7:03 Kazu Yamamoto
From: Kazu Yamamoto @ 2008-07-18  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I have compiled Cocoa Emacs. I would like to report two things:

1) Cocoa Emacs is now using the old icon. It should use the new icon
   (mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/Emacs.icns)

2) Cocoa Emacs does run in English environment. However, in Japanese
   environment, when I execute Cocoa Emacs, the icon jumps but Emacs
   frame does not appear.

   I guess the current code relating to fonts is buggy

   Please tell me what kind of information is necessary for debug and
   how I can get it so that I can report it to this ML.

--Kazu