Correct, I meant ":connection-type pipe“ when I referred to lsp-mode. My mistake. Curiously setting :connect-type to ’pty does not fix my issues on macOS+emacs-28 for me. I might be doing something wrong though.. Applying Robert’s patch does fix it on emacs-28 too. And I was mistaken about /bin/bash reseting signal mask, ksh does it though.. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/123768/calling-sigprocmask-from-bash . So my workarounds to fix sigmask are as follows: - on linux, I will wrap invocation of server process with „/usr/bin/env --default-signal“ - on macos, I will wrap invocation of server process with „/bin/ksh -c“ - .. not sure what is needed on *BSDs, probably the same thing as on macOS if they have /bin/ksh in default installation? Are there any chances of getting this patch to fix signal mask to default after posix_spawn from Robert getting merged to master and/or emacs-28? -Saulius > Am 2022-02-09 um 10:48 schrieb Robert Pluim : > >>>>>> On Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:09:20 +0200, Saulius Menkevicius said: > > Saulius> Robert you are correct about ``:connection-type''. In particular > Saulius> lsp-mode specifies ``:connection-type pty'' here: > > ':connection-type pipe', you mean. Does it still work if you use > 'pty'? > > Saulius> - https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/blob/master/lsp-mode.el#L6932 > Saulius> > > Saulius> As a workaround fsharp/csharp language servers can use shell wrapper > Saulius> for launching the server binaries, as "#!/bin/bash" will apparently > Saulius> normalize signal mask before launching sub-subprocess and things work > Saulius> alright from thereon. > > Thatʼs to be expected. bash is a caring parent :-) > > Saulius> This is not as nice as having things just working before this change > Saulius> to `make-process`, but at least we have some way to work around this > Saulius> issue.. > > OK. In that case Iʼll put it only in master. > > Robert > --