On 2016-10-11 00:06, Marcin Borkowski wrote: > BTW, someone (Raman?) on this thread said that namespaces save typing. > That's not exactly right; that goal is achieved with autocompletion (as > he already noticed). What namespaces really do is twofold: > > 1. Help avoid collisions, and > > 2. (last but not least!) save on reading. > > Long function names are really bad. I think nameless makes both of these a non-issue. You get "import x as y" using custom prefixes (such as fl: for font-lock), and for your own code there's no typing (C-- inserts the package prefix) and no wasted space. Bottom line: I don't see much use for proper namespaces :) Clément.