* Etags and OOP
@ 2009-11-09  3:48 michael
From: michael @ 2009-11-09  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello, I was wondering is there a way for etags or any custom tool
compatible with emacs to write tags according to the class hierarchy when
writing Object Oriented code for later use in completion? Or any past works
along this? Thanks.

* Re: Etags and OOP
@ 2009-11-09  3:59 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2009-11-09  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 01:48:31 -0200
> From: michael <m.pontus@gmail.com>
>
> Hello, I was wondering is there a way for etags or any custom tool
> compatible with emacs to write tags according to the class hierarchy when
> writing Object Oriented code for later use in completion? Or any past works
> along this? Thanks.

Take a look at Ebrowse.  It comes with its own manual, and is part of
Emacs.

* Re: Etags and OOP
@ 2009-11-09 10:50 dhruva
From: dhruva @ 2009-11-09 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 01:48:31 -0200
> From: michael
> Subject: Etags and OOP
> To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Hello, I was wondering is there a way for etags or any custom tool
> compatible with emacs to write tags according to the class hierarchy when
> writing Object Oriented code for later use in completion? Or any past works
> along this? Thanks.

Try ebrowse (part of emacs). It creates a OO based tree and might serve your requirement. I have not tried the completion part from ebrowse but use gtags (GNU Global).

-dhruva

      Connect more, do more and share more with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn more. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/

* Re: Etags and OOP
@ 2009-11-09 13:35 ` Lluís
From: Lluís @ 2009-11-09 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Hello, I was wondering is there a way for etags or any custom tool
> compatible with emacs to write tags according to the class hierarchy when
> writing Object Oriented code for later use in completion? Or any past works
> along this? Thanks.

You also have cscope, which comes with the xcscope plugin, but you have to
give it some extra flags for the sake of tags completeness. In C++ I use:

    tags-exuberant --c++-kinds=+p --c-kinds=+p --fields=+iaS --extra=+q --tag-relative=yes <files>

Lluis

 Tollbooth