On 2016-12-11 12:38, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Thanks for the feedback! Can you share concrete examples in which this >> makes maintenance harder? > > I think the simple fact that it makes > highlighting/completion/indentation more complex (not to mention the > potential to have format-strings within format-strings within...) is > a good hint that you don't want to encourage writing code within the > format string I agree with all of this; but the fact that a feature can be abused doesn't mean that it is bad, right? for example, being able to use virtually any character in lisp identifiers is nice; yet we don't encourage anyone to write (let ((\(\'\) 1)) (print \(\'\))). > it works fine for very simple pieces of code, but for > anything more significant you're better off writing the code outside the > string (and then referring to that code from the string). I fully agree. I find it very nice for simple pieces of code, that's all. Clément.