* Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)
@ 2010-03-12  1:31 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2010-03-12  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Trying out semantic with 23.1.94.

After M-x semantic-mode, I visit a python file, and:

Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)

* Re: Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)
@ 2010-03-12  1:42 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-03-12  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neal Becker; +Cc: emacs-devel

Neal Becker wrote:

> Trying out semantic with 23.1.94.
>
> After M-x semantic-mode, I visit a python file, and:

> Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)

http://debbugs.gnu.org/5412

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-09/msg00222.html

  I have not included Semantic's imenu and awk support (still waiting
  on papers)

* Re: Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)
@ 2010-03-13 12:40   ` Eric M. Ludlam
From: Eric M. Ludlam @ 2010-03-13 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Neal Becker, emacs-devel

On 03/11/2010 08:42 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Neal Becker wrote:
>
>> Trying out semantic with 23.1.94.
>>
>> After M-x semantic-mode, I visit a python file, and:

>> Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/5412
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-09/msg00222.html
>
>    I have not included Semantic's imenu and awk support (still waiting
>    on papers)

Hi,

I analyzed semantic-imenu.el last week and sent a a summary to Chong
Yidong on this topic.

The original contribution from Paul was about 37 lines of code, where
the names were changed from jdee to semantic.  There is effectively
nothing left of the original 37 lines based on the diffs, and no changes
attributed to Paul after that first revision.

Does it still count as a contribution of his?

Here is a link to a diff:

http://cedet.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cedet/cedet/semantic/semantic-imenu.el?r1=1.60&r2=1.1

Eric

* Re: Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)
@ 2010-03-13 15:32     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-03-13 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric M. Ludlam; +Cc: Neal Becker, emacs-devel

"Eric M. Ludlam" <eric@siege-engine.com> writes:

> I analyzed semantic-imenu.el last week and sent a a summary to Chong
> Yidong on this topic.
>
> The original contribution from Paul was about 37 lines of code, where
> the names were changed from jdee to semantic.  There is effectively
> nothing left of the original 37 lines based on the diffs, and no
> changes attributed to Paul after that first revision.
>
> Does it still count as a contribution of his?

If his contribution is 37 lines, we can classify it as a "tiny
contribution" in the ChangeLog.  I will install semantic-imenu.

* Re: Error in menu-bar-update-hook: (void-function semantic-create-imenu-index)
@ 2010-03-14  2:04       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2010-03-14  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: ndbecker2, emacs-devel, eric

    If his contribution is 37 lines, we can classify it as a "tiny
    contribution" in the ChangeLog.  I will install semantic-imenu.

37 lines is not "tiny", but since all his code was rewritten
subsequently, in effect there is no code contribution from him at all.