3 apr. 2019 kl. 00.08 skrev Paul Eggert : > > On 4/2/19 7:15 AM, Mattias EngdegÄrd wrote: >> where does a user go to understand extant regexps? > > A user that *really* wants to know can go read the source code and get > confused, just like I did. :-) > > But I think it's better if the documentation doesn't say what happens. > If you prefer that the documentation explicitly say that it doesn't say > what happens, I guess that would be OK too (what sort of wording would > you like, though?). I was mostly thinking about regexps like "^***" which do occur in actual code (by mistake), and are almost but not quite explained in the manual. But perhaps some knowledge is better hidden. >> I've attached the ones found by a modified relint/xr, in case you are interested. > > Sure! Fixed in the attached patch. Thank you, it looks fine to me. Some tool improvements uncovered more oddities; log attached.