[Sorry for the webmail, Yahoo SMTP is wedged; I hope Reply All worked and this reaches the list] > I have a problem with this correction, because I don't understand the > need for it. s->width is the width of the glyph string, which is > computed from the glyphs that comprise the glyph string. Those glyphs > were laid out by display_line, which should never add a glyph to a > glyph row if that glyph doesn't fit on the screen. So how come > s->width in your case was too large? Or maybe it's s->x that was > wrong (does the underline start exactly under the first glyph)? > So I suspect that your fix hides a much more serious problem > elsewhere. Please investigate the problem you saw before the change. Thanks, will do. Should I revert this fix?