On 29.05.2020 02:05, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote: >> Please let us know how you like the change, and if you see any new problems. > > Only one feature request and some minor questions from me. > > Can the project-list file name please be customisable? Of course. Just an omission. > Could the contents of the project-list file comprise easily readable, > printable, and even extensible sexps? > > Could project-switch-project reuse read-multiple-choice or similar? I'm attaching a patch that makes it use read-multiple-choice, check it out. But I'm not sure the result looks better than what we have now. Suggestions on "similar" welcome. > Isn't there a race here? > > (defun project--ensure-file-exists (filename) > "Create an empty file FILENAME if it doesn't exist." > (unless (file-exists-p filename) > (with-temp-buffer > (write-file filename)))) > > Why not use something like the following instead? > > (ignore-error file-already-exists > (write-region "" nil filename nil 0 nil 'excl)) Looks good to me. Let's see what Simen says. > In fact, couldn't project--ensure-file-exists be eliminated altogether? > If the file doesn't exist, just don't set project--list, or set it to > nil. Or that.