* WPE Webkit update
@ 2024-08-09 23:45 Noé Lopez via Emacs development discussions.
From: Noé Lopez via Emacs development discussions. @ 2024-08-09 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Po Lu

Hi everyone,

I am happy to say that after a lot of debugging I've managed to get WPE
Webkit to load a web page and display it inside xwidgets!

Next step is to get the inputs working again, but it should be much
easier now with all the knowledge I've gathered.

There's 8 commits now, what's the best way to share these?

Have a good day,
Noé Lopez

* Re: WPE Webkit update
       [not found] ` <87ed6xtg53.fsf@>
@ 2024-08-09 23:47   ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-08-09 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noé Lopez; +Cc: emacs-devel

Noé Lopez <noe@noé.eu> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am happy to say that after a lot of debugging I've managed to get WPE
> Webkit to load a web page and display it inside xwidgets!
>
> Next step is to get the inputs working again, but it should be much
> easier now with all the knowledge I've gathered.
>
> There's 8 commits now, what's the best way to share these?

If you've signed papers, I suggest creating a scratch or feature branch
in the Emacs repository, to which Eli or Stefan should be capable of
granting you write access.

* Re: WPE Webkit update
@ 2024-08-10  5:46     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-08-10  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: noe, emacs-devel

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 07:47:26 +0800
>
> Noé Lopez <noe@noé.eu> writes:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am happy to say that after a lot of debugging I've managed to get WPE
> > Webkit to load a web page and display it inside xwidgets!
> >
> > Next step is to get the inputs working again, but it should be much
> > easier now with all the knowledge I've gathered.
> >
> > There's 8 commits now, what's the best way to share these?
>
> If you've signed papers, I suggest creating a scratch or feature branch
> in the Emacs repository, to which Eli or Stefan should be capable of
> granting you write access.

I'm not sure 8 commits justify a branch, unless there's a good chance
for significantly more.  Also, a branch is a good idea if you want
people to try it and report any issues before landing on master.  Is
the WIP at that stage now?

Thanks.

* Re: WPE Webkit update
@ 2024-08-10 12:09       ` Noé Lopez via Emacs development discussions.
From: Noé Lopez via Emacs development discussions. @ 2024-08-10 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: luangruo, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 07:47:26 +0800
>>
>> Noé Lopez <noe@noé.eu> writes:
>>
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > I am happy to say that after a lot of debugging I've managed to get WPE
>> > Webkit to load a web page and display it inside xwidgets!
>> >
>> > Next step is to get the inputs working again, but it should be much
>> > easier now with all the knowledge I've gathered.
>> >
>> > There's 8 commits now, what's the best way to share these?
>>
>> If you've signed papers, I suggest creating a scratch or feature branch
>> in the Emacs repository, to which Eli or Stefan should be capable of
>> granting you write access.
>
> I'm not sure 8 commits justify a branch, unless there's a good chance
> for significantly more.  Also, a branch is a good idea if you want
> people to try it and report any issues before landing on master.  Is
> the WIP at that stage now?
>
> Thanks.

That seems like a good idea, there's still more commits to come as the
browser is not in a usable state yet, and it will definitely need
testing once that is done since some things will definitely break
depending on the environment (mostly graphic drivers).

In the present I would mostly like someone to read through the code and
make sure I'm not doing some outrageous thing that would cause issues.

Thank you,
Noé

* Re: WPE Webkit update
@ 2024-08-10 12:48         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-08-10 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noé Lopez; +Cc: luangruo, emacs-devel

> From: Noé Lopez <noe@xn--no-cja.eu>
> Cc: luangruo@yahoo.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 14:09:42 +0200
>
> That seems like a good idea, there's still more commits to come as the
> browser is not in a usable state yet, and it will definitely need
> testing once that is done since some things will definitely break
> depending on the environment (mostly graphic drivers).
>
> In the present I would mostly like someone to read through the code and
> make sure I'm not doing some outrageous thing that would cause issues.

Then I think you should post it as a patch here.