* pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil
@ 2009-01-29 18:44 Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-01-29 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

Using the latest from CVS, I'm getting the following error whenever I
try to jump to a buffer using pop-to-buffer (for example from a link in
a *grep* buffer).  Though the target buffer is opened it is not brought
to the front.

,----[*Messages*]
| Grep finished (matches found)
| Mark set
| pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil
`----

I've been having this problem for a while now, and it persists even when
starting Emacs with -Q.  If it's relevant, I'm using Xubuntu as my OS.

Any ideas or suggestions?

If there's a more appropriate place for me to take issues like this in
the future please let me know, and forgive the misplaced post.

Thanks -- Eric

* Re: pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil
@ 2009-01-30 11:24 ` martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2009-01-30 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-devel

 > Using the latest from CVS, I'm getting the following error whenever I
 > try to jump to a buffer using pop-to-buffer (for example from a link in
 > a *grep* buffer).  Though the target buffer is opened it is not brought
 > to the front.
 >
 > ,----[*Messages*]
 > | Grep finished (matches found)
 > | Mark set
 > | pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil
 > `----
 >
 > I've been having this problem for a while now, and it persists even when
 > starting Emacs with -Q.  If it's relevant, I'm using Xubuntu as my OS.
 >
 > Any ideas or suggestions?
 >
 > If there's a more appropriate place for me to take issues like this in
 > the future please let me know, and forgive the misplaced post.

If this happens in a build made from a CVS repository state between
2009-01-15 07:57:01 and 2009-01-16 16:51:54, then this is very likely
the bug reported earlier as #1929, #1930, and #2087.

Otherwise, please make a bug report.

Thank you, martin.