* elpa.gnu.org accessible now
@ 2010-08-24 21:46 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-08-24 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I just found out that the package server, elpa.gnu.org, was blocked to
the outside world due to the FSF firewall.  I had no idea it wasn't
working for others, since the admins had set up a firewall exception for
my own IP address :-P

Anyhow, this is now fixed; elpa.gnu.org can now be accessed via HTTP
from everywhere (i.e. M-x package-list-packages should work).

* Re: elpa.gnu.org accessible now
@ 2010-08-25 14:04 ` Alex Ott
From: Alex Ott @ 2010-08-25 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi

the page say, that user should execute M-x list-packages instead of
M-x package-list-packages

--
With best wishes, Alex Ott, MBA
http://alexott.blogspot.com/           http://alexott.net

* Re: elpa.gnu.org accessible now
@ 2010-08-25 15:59   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-08-25 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Ott; +Cc: emacs-devel

Alex Ott <alexott@gmail.com> writes:

> the page say, that user should execute M-x list-packages instead of
> M-x package-list-packages

I've made list-packages an alias for package-list-packages.