* Moving cursor on another window
@ 2011-01-19 13:20 Uday S Reddy
From: Uday S Reddy @ 2011-01-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This might be a simple issue, but I could'nt find the answer.

If I have multiple windows showing (with different buffers in them), and
I want to move the cursor in a window other than the current one, how is
that supposed to be done?  The following pattern of code doesn't seem to
work:

   (with-current-buffer other-buffer
      (beginning-of-buffer))

It works if the other-buffer is not currently displayed in a window.
But if it is displayed, the cursor remains unchanged.  I guess there is
some implicit save-excursion at the top level somewhere.  I can't see
how to get around it.

Cheers,
Uday