On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:06:48 -0400 Stefan Monnier wrote: >> The below simply adds a buffer-local `subword-superiority' defcustom >> which, when set, makes `subword-mode' treat symbol_words as a single >> word. I named it to reflect the opposite behavior (the opposite of >> "sub" is usually "super", e.g. subscript vs. superscript). Let me know >> what you think and if you'd rather see a separate mode or even a >> separate file instead. IMO it's such a simple change that I'd rather >> not make it a big deal. SM> Using the same file sounds good (if we can come up with a good SM> encompassing name, we could rename it, but for now it can stay as it is). SM> So it mostly looks OK, except that rather than a defcustom, I'd prefer SM> to have a new superword-mode minor mode (and global-superword-mode, SM> which you already added). OK; see attached. Implemented by looking at the `superword-mode' variable in the internal `subword-mode' commands. Note new lighter for `subword-mode' as well. I tried to make the two modes mutually exclusive but perhaps there's a better way than explicitly doing it? Right now, if I do M-x subword-mode M-x superword-mode It correctly turns off `subword-mode' but does not turn `superword-mode' on. I have to do `M-x superword-mode' again to enable `superword-mode'. I'm not sure how the minor modes interact and didn't want to spend too much time on the mutual exclusivity. >> The only possible enhancement I'd want over the attached is to also make >> `subword-mode' override the CUA keyboard shortcuts (C-left, C-right), >> but I wasn't sure if that's OK in general. SM> Yes, that'd be good. Included and done for both `subword-mode' and `superword-mode'. Ted