Hi all, I've taken a little bit of time to rethink how I wanted this to work. Namely: 1. Trying to make a single hook do two separate things (determining whether to prevent tab closing and tasks on tab close) just made things overly complicated. Tab close prevention has been split off into a new hook, `tab-bar-prevent-close-functions'. 2. I realized that it's possible when creating a new tab to just delay the actual creation of the tab in the frame's tab list. This makes it possible to directly modify the tab passed in to tab-bar-tab-post-open-functions, ie `(setf (alist-get 'name tab) "New Name")` from within a hook function. This means it's not really necessary to make new accessors. To be honest, I've been having a hard time coming up with good examples of how to use these hooks that aren't arbitrary, contrived, or don't otherwise require support in other places (more than one of the possible examples I was thinking of works best when another mode or command, such as gdb or mpc, has the ability to automatically start in a new tab). New patch, as well as a file of examples for the new hooks, follow. Again, these new hooks still need to be documented in the manual, which I will be glad to do as soon as a design is nailed down. Thanks, -- ~Robert Cochran