Yoni Rabkin writes: > Kicking them out would be unkind. But asking that new projects going > forward use a different backend seems reasonable. That ideally should be > accompanied with a few recommendations. And it would be a huge inconvenience for the users too. > Emms has been always been hosted on Savannah (for many years now), and > it works well for us. Emms is a mid-sized Emacs package with relatively > light development work. Savannah has been a stable and reliable home > over many years. Savannah is obviously a good host, but it's not newbie friendly IMHO. FSF has a plan for a new forge. Let's wait and see what they give us. > As an Emacs package, yes, we have been asked by many people over the > years why we don't just use github, and I'm sure that Emms is indeed > mirrored there and therefore has been, without any of the copyright > holder's consent, been added to microsoft's mass code theft project. Almost all Emacs related things are mirrored to GitHub by Emacsmirror. Mirroring to GitHub is obviously a problem, but at least better than hosting on GitHub, because that means that the project is itself supporting "evil" GitHub. -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5