* Re: Changes to emacs/etc/refcard.tex,v [EMACS_22_BASE]
       [not found] <E1Hmuu7-0001ad-KA@cvs>
@ 2007-05-13 11:12 ` Michaël Cadilhac
From: Michaël Cadilhac @ 2007-05-13 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard M. Stallman; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>  Type \kbd{C-x ESC ESC} to edit and repeat the last command that used the
> -minibuffer.  Type \kbd{F10} to activate the menu bar using the minibuffer.
> +minibuffer.  Type \kbd{F10} to activate menu bar items on text terminals.

Well, I don't know if this change is really useful:

1) This line, in the minibuffer \section, was here to say that the menu
   bar can be used through the minibuffer, whatever the configuration
   is. This is the job of M-`, now.

2) F10 works for the menu bar on X too, not just « on text terminals ».

3) Reading the minibuffer section, I'm more interested in the M-`
   binding than in F10.

I'd suggest to just replace F10 by M-`. The other advantage is that we
can change all refcards, for each language.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  I'd be surprised if my fix doesn't    |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |      address this problem as well.     |

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Changes to emacs/etc/refcard.tex,v [EMACS_22_BASE]
@ 2007-05-14  8:09   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-05-14  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michaël Cadilhac; +Cc: emacs-devel

    1) This line, in the minibuffer \section, was here to say that the menu
       bar can be used through the minibuffer, whatever the configuration
       is. This is the job of M-`, now.

I didn't realize that M-` was now different from F10.  What you say is
correct, but I don't think your suggested text is better for users.  I
think it is better to say what I've said.  I think this feature is
meant for ttys, and it is easier to remember F10 than M-`.

    2) F10 works for the menu bar on X too, not just =AB on text terminals =BB.

Yes, but that doesn't change my conclusion.