Drew Adams writes: >> > Was there something wrong with the suggestion to return, >> > as the non-nil value, a cons (ELEMENT . VALUE)? >> > >> > (Where ELEMENT is the sequence element that satisfies the >> > predicate, and VALUE is the return value of the predicate >> > for that element.) >> > >> > That gives you "some" element that satisfies the predicate >> > (the first such). And it gives you the result of the test. >> > Each of these can be useful, depending on the context. >> >> It would work, and I believe Scheme has a similar function, but I don't >> want seq-some to have this extra complexity. It could be another >> function though, just like in Scheme. > > What extra complexity? It creates one cons cell which has as its > car and cdr things that presumably already exist. I meant extra complexity for the user. If seq-some was returning a value, I wouldn't expect it to be a cons cell, I'd almost always want the element of the sequence straight away. Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr