* Submitted patches
@ 2019-03-21 23:17 Federico Tedin
From: Federico Tedin @ 2019-03-21 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I remember reading some months ago on this mailing list a user that had
submitted a couple of patches to the bug tracker, but they hadn't been
reviewed after some time. If I remember correctly, the consensus was
that waiting approximately one week after submitting patches was enough
to send a reminder message here. My (very small) patches are:

I apologize if this isn't the right place/time to send this.
Thanks!

* Re: Submitted patches
@ 2019-03-22  0:31 ` Basil L. Contovounesios
From: Basil L. Contovounesios @ 2019-03-22  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Tedin; +Cc: emacs-devel

Federico Tedin <federicotedin@gmail.com> writes:

> I remember reading some months ago on this mailing list a user that had
> submitted a couple of patches to the bug tracker, but they hadn't been
> reviewed after some time. If I remember correctly, the consensus was
> that waiting approximately one week after submitting patches was enough
> to send a reminder message here. My (very small) patches are:
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34147
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34065

Thanks for working on these; both LGTM FWIW, but I'm relatively new
around here. ;)

Speaking from personal experience rather than authority, it is not
unusual to wait a bit longer than a week for a reply.  This is not only
due to senior maintainers being busy and dealing with higher priority
issues, but also to give other interested parties a chance to comment,
and this window can vary in length.

--
Basil

* Re: Submitted patches
@ 2019-03-22  7:28 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-03-22  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Tedin; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Federico Tedin <federicotedin@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:17:42 -0300
>
> I remember reading some months ago on this mailing list a user that had
> submitted a couple of patches to the bug tracker, but they hadn't been
> reviewed after some time. If I remember correctly, the consensus was
> that waiting approximately one week after submitting patches was enough
> to send a reminder message here. My (very small) patches are:
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34147
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34065

Your patches are on my queue.  Sorry, I've been a bit more busy
lately.

It's okay to send a reminder, but please send them to the same address
where you sent the patches.  Posting here is a kind of emergency
measure, so I'd say only do that if several pings to the bug tracker
get no response at all.

Thanks.

* Re: Submitted patches
@ 2019-03-22  7:33   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-03-22  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basil L. Contovounesios; +Cc: emacs-devel, federicotedin

> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <contovob@tcd.ie>
> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 00:31:04 +0000
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34147
> > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34065
>
> Thanks for working on these; both LGTM FWIW, but I'm relatively new
> around here. ;)

Thanks for reviewing the patches.

> Speaking from personal experience rather than authority, it is not
> unusual to wait a bit longer than a week for a reply.

Yeah, something like 2 weeks is a better rule of thumb.

In general, the lack of any response in the first week is a good sign,
especially for short submissions: it mostly means nothing really
incorrect was very obvious at the first reading.

* Re: Submitted patches
@ 2019-03-22  7:56   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-03-22  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: federicotedin; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 10:28:21 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Your patches are on my queue.

Were, thanks to Stefan.

* Re: Submitted patches
@ 2019-03-22 21:12     ` Federico Tedin
From: Federico Tedin @ 2019-03-22 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Basil L. Contovounesios, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <contovob@tcd.ie>
>> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 00:31:04 +0000
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>
>> > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34147
>> > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34065
>>
>> Thanks for working on these; both LGTM FWIW, but I'm relatively new
>> around here. ;)
>
> Thanks for reviewing the patches.
>
>> Speaking from personal experience rather than authority, it is not
>> unusual to wait a bit longer than a week for a reply.
>
> Yeah, something like 2 weeks is a better rule of thumb.
>
> In general, the lack of any response in the first week is a good sign,
> especially for short submissions: it mostly means nothing really
> incorrect was very obvious at the first reading.

Thanks, Basil and Eli, for the feedback. Next time I'll make sure at
least to weeks.

> Your patches are on my queue.  Sorry, I've been a bit more busy
> lately.
>
> It's okay to send a reminder, but please send them to the same address
> where you sent the patches.  Posting here is a kind of emergency
> measure, so I'd say only do that if several pings to the bug tracker
> get no response at all.
>
> Thanks.

No problem, I'll send future pings through the bug tracker, then.

Thanks again!