Hi I am in the second round to make sure that every code line in matlab-mode has been written by an author who signed the FSF papers, following Stefan's suggestion. Since the repository started more than 20 years ago as CVS, that work is a bit extensive. So far I found the following cases 1. Patches, that contain more than 15 lines, which according to https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Legally-Significant.html is legally relevant. Fortunately the corresponding authors sign or are willing to sign the FSF papers. 2. Patches, that contain less *than* 15 lines, which according to https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Legally-Significant.html is *not* legally relevant. No action is needed. 3. Patches, that contain more than 15 lines, which according to https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Legally-Significant.html is legally relevant. However the current HEAD (tip) state of the repository contains less than 15 lines or even no line at all. Now there are two possibilities. a. The orginal patch is no longer relevant, and therefore no action is needed. That is what common sense would tell me. b. Although the code is not present now, it was present in some commit in the past, therefore the rest of the commits is derivative work. If b. is the case we are doomed, but I cannot belive that some commit at some point acts like a virus «infecting» the descents of that commit, till today. Can somebody please enlighten me? Regards Uwe Brauer