Tassilo Horn writes: > Akib Azmain Turja writes: > > Hi Akib, > >> Packages on ELPA or NonGNU ELPA with README.org show pretty >> description both with describe-package and web browser. But after >> installing a package, describe-package shows the Org source code, >> which contains many useless things (I mean useless for showing in the >> *Help* buffer). >> >> Isn't it possible to convert README.org to plain text README while >> compiling the package, possibly optionally? Changing package--compile >> function should do the job. > > An alternative would be to enable (parts of) org-mode in the *Help* > buffer. I've just tried `M-x describe-package RET corfu RET` which > comes with a README.org and then enabling org-mode in the *Help* buffer. > That looked really nice and didn't seem to cause bad effects except that > the [back] / [forward] buttons stopped working. > > Bye, > Tassilo I don't see why enabling some features of Org mode in *Help* buffer is useful. IMHO writing a command to "find-file" the README is better than this. -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5