Po Lu writes: > Thierry Volpiatto writes: > >> Here the command fails if you specify the workspace, it works only with >> "worspace0". > > But that's because you only have workspace 1 displayed, right? No, if emacs is on workspace0 and I use: "/backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace0/last-image" wallpaper is modified as expected. Then if emacs is on workspace2 and I use: "/backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace2/last-image" Command exit with 0 status but wallpaper is not modified, but if I use: "/backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace0/last-image" again (always from workspace2), wallpaper is modified as expected. I can verify this with this command which monitor the desktop change: xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -m => Commencer à surveiller le canal « xfce4-desktop » : then I go to workspace4, modify wallpaper with mouse and the usual xfce interface for this, go back in workspace1 an look at output: I have now: Commencer à surveiller le canal « xfce4-desktop » : définir: /backdrop/screen0/monitoreDP/workspace0/last-image unfortunately this command is interactive :-( -- Thierry