* commit and diffs lists weirdness - emacs/lisp/textmodes/po.el
@ 2003-03-10  1:28 John Paul Wallington
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2003-03-10  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: savannah-hackers

Does anyone know why according to emacs-commit and emacs-diffs lists
I am supposed to have changed po.el on 03-06-2003 ?

See:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2003-03/msg00061.html

and

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-commit/2003-03/msg00053.html
(note that the CVSWeb URL for po.el within that message is munged-up)

It appears to be a change by fx on 2002/10/30.  AFAICT, that change
didn't appear in the emacs-diffs or emacs-commit lists in October.

* Re: commit and diffs lists weirdness - emacs/lisp/textmodes/po.el
@ 2003-03-10  4:26 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-03-10  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: John Paul Wallington <jpw@gnu.org>
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:28:09 +0000
>
> Does anyone know why according to emacs-commit and emacs-diffs lists
> I am supposed to have changed po.el on 03-06-2003 ?

Probably because someone made a change in po.el on a branch.  When
that happens, emacs-diffs and emacs-commit report the latest change on
the trunk instead.  Annoying, but that's a misfeature of the software
running on savannah.

* Re: commit and diffs lists weirdness - emacs/lisp/textmodes/po.el
@ 2003-03-10  9:39   ` John Paul Wallington
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2003-03-10  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> wrote:

>> Does anyone know why according to emacs-commit and emacs-diffs lists
>> I am supposed to have changed po.el on 03-06-2003 ?
>
> Probably because someone made a change in po.el on a branch.  When
> that happens, emacs-diffs and emacs-commit report the latest change on
> the trunk instead.  Annoying, but that's a misfeature of the software
> running on savannah.

Ah.  If that is the case I am sorry to have bothered everyone.
Thanks for the explanation, Eli.