* emacs cartoon
@ 2008-03-11 23:42 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2008-03-11 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Something for you, folks!

  http://www.xkcd.com/378/

Have fun!

    Werner

* Re: emacs cartoon
@ 2008-03-12  1:45 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-03-12  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Werner LEMBERG; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Something for you, folks!
>   http://www.xkcd.com/378/
> Have fun!

Reminds me: does anyone have a link to a joke (maybe it was
in some other series, maybe Dilbert?) where the guy is replacing Emacs
on his computer with VI because he's not able to use Emacs ('cause
cartoon characters only have 4 fingers)?

* Re: emacs cartoon
@ 2008-03-12  2:19   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-03-12  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Something for you, folks!
>>   http://www.xkcd.com/378/
>> Have fun!
>
> Reminds me: does anyone have a link to a joke (maybe it was
> in some other series, maybe Dilbert?) where the guy is replacing Emacs
> on his computer with VI because he's not able to use Emacs ('cause
> cartoon characters only have 4 fingers)?

That one must be old. It must be before Viper.

* Re: emacs cartoon
@ 2008-03-12 13:51     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-03-12 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: emacs-devel

>>> Something for you, folks!
>>> http://www.xkcd.com/378/
>>> Have fun!
>>
>> Reminds me: does anyone have a link to a joke (maybe it was
>> in some other series, maybe Dilbert?) where the guy is replacing Emacs
>> on his computer with VI because he's not able to use Emacs ('cause
>> cartoon characters only have 4 fingers)?

> That one must be old. It must be before Viper.

It's definitely not older than Viper.

* Re: emacs cartoon
@ 2008-03-12 14:13       ` Tom Rauchenwald
From: Tom Rauchenwald @ 2008-03-12 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>>> Reminds me: does anyone have a link to a joke (maybe it was
>>> in some other series, maybe Dilbert?) where the guy is replacing Emacs
>>> on his computer with VI because he's not able to use Emacs ('cause
>>> cartoon characters only have 4 fingers)?
>
>> That one must be old. It must be before Viper.
>
> It's definitely not older than Viper.

Took me longer than expected, but i finally found a copy of it:
http://www.alio.fr/dotclear/images/humour/viemacs.png

>         Stefan

Tom

--
Then I drew in a breath, and my renewed will with it, lifted the rod
in my right hand, murmured a phrase in a language I didn't know, and

* Re: emacs cartoon
@ 2008-03-12 14:43         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-03-12 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rauchenwald; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Took me longer than expected, but i finally found a copy of it:
> http://www.alio.fr/dotclear/images/humour/viemacs.png

Thanks, that was it.  Vim is good for cartoon characters, but real human
use Emacs.