Ted Zlatanov writes: > MA> I could provide you the D-Bus frame functionality, that's easy. I have > MA> no idea how hard it is to implement the functionality with Emacs frames > MA> and icons; this I would let to you :-) > > That would be great. I'll handle the messages, sure. I've appended a very raw frame, which works already for me. You'll get the idea. If you want to test, you might use another Emacs instance for sending a notification. Running notifications.el and ofn-daemon.el in the same Emacs instance does not work yet, because notifications.el uses the synchronous `dbus-call-method'. This must be replaced by `dbus-call-method-non-blocking', then both packages could be used in the same Emacs instance. As test, I have sent (notifications-notify :body "Hello Ted, this is Michael.") > Ted Best regards, Michael.