On Sun, May 12 2013, Robert Park wrote: Hi Robert, > You may be familiar with the snapshot packaging work done by Damien > Cassou; however his method is largely to build by hand once every > couple weeks, I am using Launchpad recipes to achieve the same thing > every day, in an entirely automated fashion. As far as I know, Damien used the packaging I maintain at: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/acid/emacs-snapshot.git;a=summary > To achieve this, I have written all new packaging metadata from > scratch, discarding many years of legacy cruft from the debian build > system (where the debian packaging weighs in at 4900 lines of code, I > have nearly achieved feature parity with only 1495 lines of code). Ok, this claim makes me smile. The actual Debian packaging is not 4900 lines. Sure, the files in debian/ are around that number of lines… with a ChangeLog files of 3325. There isn't that much code at all, even the debian/rules file is only 400 SLOC long. That said, what's the reason for you not to try to improve the already existing and working code? Cheers, -- Julien Danjou # Free Software hacker # freelance consultant # http://julien.danjou.info