* Status proofreading the manual
@ 2018-09-27 20:48 Toon Claes
From: Toon Claes @ 2018-09-27 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Some time ago Richard and John were working on getting the whole Emacs
manual proofread by at least 3 people for each part.

I was wondering what the status of that was?

Are there still pieces that can use some more reading? Or are you
planning to release a new printed edition of the manual?

-- Toon

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Status proofreading the manual
@ 2018-09-28  6:07 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-09-28  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Claes; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Toon Claes <toon@iotcl.com>
> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 22:48:06 +0200
>
> Some time ago Richard and John were working on getting the whole Emacs
> manual proofread by at least 3 people for each part.
>
> I was wondering what the status of that was?

We've finished that proofreading.  But if you have time and
motivation, please feel free to proofread the parts you fancy, I'm
sure you will find something that needs to be taken care of.

> Or are you planning to release a new printed edition of the manual?

The current edition of the manual was already printed, you can
purchase it in the FSF shop.  But there will be future editions, of
course, and fixing mistakes in the manual is always a priority.

Thanks.