Po Lu writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> Is it an optimized build? If so, it's expected. > > Thanks! I got the MS-DOS port to work. Everything seems to run normally, but someone might need to run it under a DOS machine (as opposed to the NTVDM) to be sure. If you have no further comments (and it doesn't break the build on non-DOS platforms), I would like to install the following change on the Emacs 28 branch (and hopefully get it to work on master as well: the DOS port will probably not work there either):