* Emacs bug tracker not working?
@ 2010-02-09  6:16 Nathaniel Flath
From: Nathaniel Flath @ 2010-02-09  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I just tried to send a bug to bug-gnu-emacs, and got this error in reply:

    bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
returned was: 550 550-gmail.com is listed in
postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org(Not supporting
550 postmaster@domain) (state 14).

Is this an error in the bug tracker, or is there a way for me to fix this?

* Re: Emacs bug tracker not working?
@ 2010-02-09  9:33 ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-02-09  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathaniel Flath; +Cc: emacs-devel

2010/2/9 Nathaniel Flath <flat0103@gmail.com>:
> I just tried to send a bug to bug-gnu-emacs, and got this error in reply:
>
> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>     bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
> domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
> information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
> returned was: 550 550-gmail.com is listed in postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org
> (Not supporting
> 550 postmaster@domain) (state 14).
>
> Is this an error in the bug tracker, or is there a way for me to fix this?

I got that response when trying to post a message to this very list
(emacs-devel) yesterday. Let's see if this message makes it.

--
Deniz Dogan

* Re: Emacs bug tracker not working?
@ 2010-02-09 18:54   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-02-09 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: Nathaniel Flath, emacs-devel

Deniz Dogan wrote:

> I got that response when trying to post a message to this very list
> (emacs-devel) yesterday. Let's see if this message makes it.

This indicates the issue was with the gnu.org mail servers, which are
outside our control. Since you can both post to this list now, perhaps
it was a transient glitch. I don't really know who to advise you to
contact about this if it still happens.

* Re: Emacs bug tracker not working?
@ 2010-02-10  2:23     ` Stephen J. Turnbull
From: Stephen J. Turnbull @ 2010-02-10  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Nathaniel Flath, emacs-devel, Deniz Dogan

Glenn Morris writes:
 > Deniz Dogan wrote:
 >
 > > I got that response when trying to post a message to this very list
 > > (emacs-devel) yesterday. Let's see if this message makes it.
 >
 > This indicates the issue was with the gnu.org mail servers, which are
 > outside our control.

That's not quite true; I'm sure a polite request from certain quarters
would do wonders.<wink>

However, if gnu.org are really bouncing mail because the sender is
listed on rfc-ignorant, and gmail can get listed there, well, somebody
at gnu.org needs whacked with an AART.  If you get that again, you
probably ought to file a PR with postmaster@gnu.org.

* Re: Emacs bug tracker not working?
@ 2010-02-10 11:49       ` Štěpán Němec
From: Štěpán Němec @ 2010-02-10 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen J. Turnbull; +Cc: Nathaniel Flath, Deniz Dogan, emacs-devel

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:23:17AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> However, if gnu.org are really bouncing mail because the sender is
> listed on rfc-ignorant, and gmail can get listed there, well, somebody
> at gnu.org needs whacked with an AART.  If you get that again, you
> probably ought to file a PR with postmaster@gnu.org.

AART? Even fsbot on #emacs was clueless... Do you mean Atlantic Assisted
Reproductive Therapies? Or perhaps Arab Artists Resources and Training?

Not sure abouth PR either, but I'm guessing the R stands for request?

Sorry if it's actually obvious, and not even really my problem; but I
just couldn't resist my curiosity...

* Re: Emacs bug tracker not working?
@ 2010-02-10 12:34         ` Stephen J. Turnbull
From: Stephen J. Turnbull @ 2010-02-10 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Štěpán Němec
  Cc: Nathaniel Flath, emacs-devel, Deniz Dogan

Štěpán Němec writes:

 > AART?

Admin Attitude Readjustment Tool ... even for a BOFH there should be
limits.

* Re: Emacs bug tracker not working?
@ 2010-02-10 23:04       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2010-02-10 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen J. Turnbull; +Cc: flat0103, deniz.a.m.dogan, emacs-devel

    That's not quite true; I'm sure a polite request from certain quarters
    would do wonders.<wink>

Please report problems with GNU mail servers to sysadmin@gnu.org.

I inform them when I see there is a problem, but they will find out
about it faster if you tell them directly.