* Headers and commentary in package.el
@ 2013-06-25 22:32 Daniel Hackney
From: Daniel Hackney @ 2013-06-25 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs development discussions

I took a look at the latest version of package.el in the trunk [1],
and there are problematic omissions from the header. First of all, my
name appears in neither the ";; Author:" header nor the "Thanks"
section. I believe that, given the extent of the changes I have made
to package.el, it would be appropriate for me to be listed in the ";;
Author:" header. I can accept not being listed in the ";; Author:"
header, but my name really ought to appear in the "Thanks" section at
least.

Additionally, the ";;; Commentary:" section is out-of-date.
`package-install-from-buffer' is obsolete and should not be listed in
the commentary. Please see the version from my latest patch here [2]

Finally, I think the version number should be bumped more than a micro
(from 1.0 to 1.0.1). Since the internal API is completely
incompatible, this would suggest a major version bump. I'm not
terribly passionate about this one, but it would make things easier on
anyone who is looking at the package.el version number.

[1] http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el

[2] https://github.com/haxney/emacs/blob/package-refactor/lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el

--
Daniel Hackney