Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" >> Cc: , >> Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 21:48:21 +0100 >> >> >> Do you mean a cl-assertion, or an emulation thereof? >> > >> > I meant cl-assert. >> >> Unless I (being unfamiliar with the subtleties of the build and >> bootstrap process) am missing something, I think it's too early to load >> cl-lib here; at least 'make bootstrap' fails for me when I add >> (eval-when-compile (require 'cl-lib)) to custom.el. Is there a way >> around this? > > Yes, explicitly check whether cl-lib is available, and skip the call > if not. We don't need this assertion during the bootstrap. It somehow evaded me until now that cl-assert has an autoload cookie. This means I can get away with calling it in custom-available-themes without first requiring cl-lib, whether at top-level or inside the function, right? In other words, is the following kosher (and is the wording up to scratch)?