* How about making `sleep-for' interactive?
@ 2019-06-27  4:43 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2019-06-27  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi all,

I noticed today that `sleep-for' is not an (interactive) command.  IMHO
it should be - at least I can see a need for it.  Here is my use case.
I recorded a keyboard macro which edits the text in some way.  The macro
begins with isearching for something (which may be outside the part of
the buffer currently seen) and then changing.  Having e.g. a 1-second
delay between moving to that part and actually changing it would help
spot mistakes.

Since `sleep-for' is a builtin, I can't prepare a patch (I don't speak
C very well), but if I get a hint I can try (just to learn something
new).

WDYT?

--
Marcin Borkowski