* iso-accentuate is gone in git master, but sometimes it is still useful
@ 2021-05-14 16:17 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-05-14 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi

You may not believe it but even in 2021 I receive sometimes LaTeX files
from colleagues that use
Estad'istica y C'alculo Num'erico.

Which can be compiled correctly.

It is however a mess and should be converted to UTF8 or latin-1.

Now there are functions that convert 7bit to latin-1 or UTF8 for example
iso-tex2iso from  ‘iso-cvt.el’.

The problem is that function requires \'o (which is standard latex
syntax).

There was until recently iso-accentuate from iso-acc that served this
purpose.

Any reason why it was removed?

I found
etc/NEWS.22:*** iso-acc.el is now obsolete.  Use one of the latin input methods instead.

Well I understand the reasoning but for converting old files this is
still useful.

Any opinions

Regards

Uwe Brauer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-14 16:17 UTC | newest]