Hello, there was a long discussion in emacs-help about the INITIAL-INPUT argument of `completing-read'. Among other things people complained about the argument being deprecated. I agree that it's not good to use it in nearly all cases, but there ARE a few cases where it hardly can be avoided - we have over 30 uses in Emacs itself. So I want to suggest to change the docstring to warn strongly about the usage of that argument, but stop saying it would be deprecated. This is to make the current state of the code more consistent - I don't plan to work on changes that had been suggested in that discussion. So would this patch be ok to install for now?