Jim Porter writes: > On 1/11/2023 1:35 AM, Akib Azmain Turja wrote: >> In general, is it possible to implement Windows terminal emulation? > > Do you mean "emulating cmd.exe" or "emulating a terminal and running > that emulator on MS Windows"? The former might be trickier, and I I started the thread, and even I don't know. But I guess the latter. For more information, you may check the Eat issue 35 on Codeberg: https://codeberg.org/akib/emacs-eat/issues/35 > haven't really looked into how you'd do that. However, the latter > might just mean handling VT100 terminal sequences, which I don't think > would require knowing about any Windows-specific features/APIs. But somehow we need to tell the program what escape sequences to send, don't we? > > I believe newer versions of MS Windows can support VT100 sequences, so > some applications compiled for Windows will likely use them. It would > also be useful for a Windows user who connects to a remote *nix system > (e.g. via Tramp); a program like `less` on the remote system would > likely emit VT100 sequences, so it'd be nice to handle those, even if > it's being displayed in an Emacs session running on MS Windows. > -- Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5 Fediverse: akib@hostux.social Codeberg: akib emailselfdefense.fsf.org | "Nothing can be secure without encryption."