On Sun, Jun 30 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> You don't do anything useful other than packing up the arguments that >> the signal handler receives and put them in the queue. > > What arguments are those? SIGCHLD doesn't tell us the PID of the > process (or any other data that could be used to identify the > process), AFAICT. What if two or more sub-processes exited while we > are in MPS-land? This patch below implements the idea I was thinking about. >> The MPS documentation says quite clearly that a scanner must not access >> MPS-managed memory other than the block it receives as argument: > > What do you mean by "scanner"? I was talking about our signal > handlers. If they qualify as "scanner", please explain why. I mean dflt_scan. > Anyway, if a signal handler cannot do anything useful, the only > alternative is to block select signals around code which could violate > those restrictions. We will see.