Kenichi Handa writes: > In article <87he8kutns.fsf@ID-87814.user.dfncis.de>, Oliver Scholz writes: >> Is there any special reason why `set-fontset-font' should raise an >> error, if CHARACTER specifies a single byte char? The patch below >> seems to work, but I may be missing something. > > Thank you for working on it. > > If we change the ASCII font in the fontset of the default > face, I think it should have the same effect as changing the > font of the default face (e.g. changing the font size > results in chaning the frame size). The reason I inhibitted > changing ASCII font in a fontset is that it seems difficult > to achieve that effect (or at least I didn't know how to do > that when I wrote the code). Does you change pay attetion > to that? [...] It doesn't, sorry. I didn't realize that this could be an issue, because I use an window manager which keeps frames full-size anyways. But I spent the afternoon browsing the sources for a solution that does. The two patches below seem to make it work (only slightly tested). Now, if an ASCII font was changed, Fset_fontset_font checks all frames whether FONTSET is their frame fontset and forces a resizing of all frames that have. This is done by the new function x_new_fontset_force, which is like x_new_fontset, except that it does its works even if new fontset = old fontset. (This is done by factoring out a new function x_set_fontset_internal out of x_set_fontset.) Oliver