Reiner Steib writes: >> Would you please report back when you are able to try it? > > I had a quick look at `doc-view.el'. There's a security issue when > using `doc-view' in mailcap. mailcap attempts to use a safe viewer > with the safest options[1], e.g. it calls gv, gs and xdvi with the > "-safer" option [2]. AFAICS, `doc-view' doesn't use such options. At > least "-dSAFER" should be added in `doc-view-ghostscript-options' and > `doc-view-ps2pdf-program' (or a new variable > `doc-view-ps2pdf-options'?) when used with mailcap (or even always?). I do that now. Thanks for the hint. In order not to get confused with all those new versions of my patch, I'll upload the current version to my homepage [1] in addition to posting it here. So if someone finally decides to install it, be sure to use the version from my homepage. (Of course you could add me as project member, too.) Bye, Tassilo